Here are a few simple steps that can help fix Firefox Not Responding to the Task Manager.
Get your PC running like new in minutes!
Right-click an empty space on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager (or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc). When the Windows Task Manager opens, go to the Processes tab. Select the entry for firefox.exe (press F on any keyboard to find it) and just exit. Generally, click Yes on the Task Manager Warning dialog box when it appears.
It’s very unfortunate that you’ve found that the current Firefox browser doesn’t respond to almost every command you type; Maybe it’s just stuck on some pages, freezes from time to time to show you an error message on the other side: “Firefox is already running but not responding”. Fortunately, you are not alone. It is reported that many people have a similar situation, and in most cases this problem can be easily solved.
Mozilla Firefox has a guide to troubleshoot browser issues, including freezingFirefox. It’s very absolute, not much, but intimidating to read and follow. If you want to spend some time troubleshooting, here is a huge collection of helpful steps to help you fix the problem.
8 Fixes For Firefox That Don’t Guarantee Problems
How do I fix Firefox not responding?
Restart Firefox. Click the X button in the top right corner of the window to close Firefox.Disable hardware acceleration after Firefox.Reset Firefox files.Create your database for new places.Delete session recovery files.Reset Firefox.
First, find out what situation you’re in; then you can either try some suitable solution one by one or try one of them selectively.
- Failure principle: Firefox is already running but still not responding
- Error message: Firefox definitely responds
Firefox Is Already Running But Stopped Responding
If you’re currently experiencing any issues, you’ve probably seen a great error message like this:
The easiest way is to click Close Firefox, but sometimes Firefox stops respondingEchat on requests and just does not close. In this case, the person must:
Solution 1: Close Firefox from Task Manager
1) On your keyboard, press most of the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box. Type taskmgr, click and OK.
2) On the Processes tab, scroll down until you find Firefox. Select it to identify it, then click End Task.
Be careful with this splitting step, you will accidentally close some important system processes. For
Wait and see if Firefox keeps showing you the amazing error message. Ifit is, use patch 2.
Fix 2: Check the permission to access the current profile folder
1) Launch Firefox and click Open Navigation in the top right corner.
How do you force quit Firefox on a PC?
You can also press Ctrl+Shift+Q on the current keyboard. To close all Firefox windows at the same time on a Mac, click the appropriate “Firefox” menu in the menu tag at the top of the screen and select “Quit Firefox”. You also need to press Command + Q on your PC.
3) On the next page, click “Open Folder” to access the profile folder.
If Firefox won’t open or launch, you can still purchase your profile folders:
1. Alternatively, on a PC, press the Windows key and R key at the same time to finally open the Run dialog box.
2. Enter %APPDATA%MozillaFirefoxProfiles and clicke OK.
3. If you see the li2s42lu.File file, follow these steps to further customize it.
4) Press the up arrow to navigate to a specific current directory called li2s42lu.default.Alt=””
5) The “Read Only” option has not been checked in the “General” tab for a long time. Then click Apply > OK to save your changes.
If the issue with Firefox persists, continue checking withnow.
Firefox Not Responding
If people saw a few specific pieces of information and others saw “Firefox is not responding” to a new error message you received, and the new browser was not responding to your clicks or keystrokes, then here are some of the most useful services to consider try it.
Fix 3: Rename what I would say place.sqlite
If your Firefox browser freezes from time to time, your location database is probably corrupted. To fix this, someone has to create a brand new one:
1) Go to solution 2 and follow the instructions to open the descriptions folder.
2) Double click to open the entire li2s42lu.default file. Scroll down to find another file named .sqlite. Also close your awesome Firefox browser if it’s still showing on the left.
4) It renames places.sqlite.old. (Since its original name is definitely place.sqlite, all you have to do is add .old to the end and then make the keyboard input your own.)
Remember, this is a step towards clearing all day’s browsing and bookmark history.
5) Open Firefox, check and visit if you still have problems.
If this solution doesn’t work, go to the next one.
Correction 4-5. Disable hardware acceleration
Try limiting hardware acceleration and see if that solves your problem. Here’s how:
Why do I keep getting Firefox not responding?
Disable Universal Serial Bus Acceleration With some graphics cards, in addition to graphics driver configurations, Firefox may crash when using hardware acceleration. Most likely they will try to disable hardware acceleration to make sure Criticism is allowed. and select Settings. Disable Use hardware acceleration if available.
1) Launch Firefox and click “Open Menu” in the top right corner.
Why does my Firefox keep freezing?
To sum up, Firefox freezes as it is mainly due to its outdated version, terrible add-ons, as well as corrupted files, etc.